If you’re like us, camping trips are full of adventures, hiking, fishing, and more. Camping days full of fun require a hearty breakfast to keep energy high, and at the end of the day a nice big dinner to replenish the energy spent outdoors.To ensure you can cook the same meals you’d cook at home (and sometimes even better!), you need the best camping stove grill combo.
For the best camping stove grill combo, we recommend the Coleman 2 Burner Grill Stove Combo for a compact cooking solution, and the Blackstone Grills Tailgater for a larger, more robust cooktop.
Let’s go over why these two products make amazing choices for your camping stove and grill combo. If you don’t need the combo and would prefer something smaller, check out our favorite portable camping stoves.
Coleman 2 Burner Grill Stove Combo
So what makes the Coleman 2 Burner Grill Stove Combo a great choice? This Coleman grill stove is the exact product that comes to mind when you think about a portal, compact solution to cooking while camping. It doesn’t have a stand of its own, making it an easy fit into the gear your bring. Here’s what we love about this stove-grill:
- Wind shields. Anyone who’s been camping as experienced a windy day. Don’t let the wind ruin your breakfast. While a small feature, it’s basically a requirement for this type of grill stove combo.
- Coleman PerfectHeat and PerfectFlow. Coleman has outstanding technology when it comes to keeping consistent heat and efficient fuel burning. This means the Coleman 2 Burner Grill Stove Combo will keep just like at home and conserve fuel while doing it.
- 20,000 BTUs of cooking power. Some grills and stovetops meant for camping only have BTUs around 5,500. Coleman gives that a boost to a total of 20,000 BTUs, much higher than even more expensive products.
- 130 sq. inches of grill area. While there are other products with a bigger cooking space, the compact grill area is a big benefit to the Coleman. It’s enough room to grill for the family, but compact enough to make it a great space saver in your camping gear.
- Fits a 10-inch pan. The stove top fits a 10 inch pan AND you can grill while you use it. That’s plenty of space to cook for the entire family.
- Affordable. The Coleman 2 Burner Grill Stove Combo is not only one of our favorite compact grill stoves that we use, it’s also one of the most affordable. Coming in at under $80, even first time campers will find it worthwhile purchase.
The Coleman grill stove combo is great. It’s a classic combo cooktop that will get you through your camping trip with delicious food. But if you’re looking to set up camp and rough-it with a little more luxury, the Blackstone Grills Tailgater is our top pick.
Blackstone Grills Tailgater – Portable Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
The Blackstone Grills Tailgater is our go-to camping stove for either longer trips, or more casual, family camping. It comes with stands to set up like a full-sized grill, and has an outstanding griddle with it. This stove grill combo lets you have a real cook-out even when camping. We love it for hunting, fishing, and even bringing out to grill at the lakehouse. Here’s what we love about Blackstone Grills Tailgater.
- Portable. Obviously this is a must-have for a camping stove grill combo, but when you look at the size of the cooktop you’ll be able to take advantage of, it’s a shock how easy this grill is to travel with. While not as compact as the Coleman, this is an easy add if you’re driving to your campsite. It’s portable for the size, but you won’t be backpacking with it any time soon!
- Modular. You can do anything with this grill. By default, it’s a grill and a griddle. Perfect for grilling up burgers at night and griddling pancakes for the family in the morning. But we love that we can take off the grill and griddle and open up two full open burners. You can have a grill and burner, a griddle and burner, a grill and griddle, or two burners. With combinations like this, any meal is easy to cook. We’ve made better breakfast while camping on this camping stove than we have at home. You just can’t keep these options.
- 20,000 BTUs and 15,000 BTUs. The Blackstone Grills Tailgater has two burners, one operating at 20,000 BTUs and the other at 15,000 BTUs. This camping stove grill combo puts out plenty of heat on either burner, giving you total control of your cooktop.
- Durable. While durability may not be the first requirement of a great camping stove, it’s an important one. We’ve seen a lot of bad products in our time. Stoves that rust, grill top that melt, and worse. The Blackstone Grills Tailgater features a seriously strong grill box with a vent, and cast iron grill grates, meaning you don’t have to worry about the quality or strength of this product. This stove will last you for years.
- Price. The Coleman grill was affordable, and while the Blackstone comes in at just under $200, more than double the price of the Coleman, it’s more than worth it. If you need a larger cooktop and have hungry family and friends to feed, you won’t find a better deal on a top-notch camping stove. While you may not be passing it down to your children, the durability of this camping stove means it’ll likely be the last camping stove you need to buy.
The Coleman is perfect for when you just need a stove and a grill that’s compact and gets the job done. When you’re taking a trip with the family and need something similar to what cooking at home is like, we can’t recommend the Blackstone Grills Tailgater enough. Both of these products receive the Project Camping seal of approval for the best camping stove grill combo.
So you have the best camping stove grill combo now, but what and how are you going to cook? Check out our cooking posts for more products, recipes, and food hacks while camping!
What’s your favorite camping stove grill combo? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.